What is ProQuest Central?
ProQuest Central is a database comprising academic journals, trade publications, theses and dissertations, as well as full-text newspaper articles. It covers over 160 subject areas and features a user-friendly interface, with personalization options and an automatic citation function.
Accessing ProQuest Central
Log in to NLB’s eResources page with myLibraryID. To find out more about setting up myLibrary ID, please refer to this link .
Click the “By-A-Z” browsing option on the left, select “P”, followed by “ProQuest Central”
Enter your search term(s) into the search bar and hit “Enter” to search
- Put quotation marks (“ ”) around phrases that are two words or more to retrieve results with the exact phrase you specified
- Type “and” between your search terms for results containing both your search terms. You can include more variables by adding other search terms with the “and” operator
- To learn more advanced search strategies, click on “Search tips” below the magnifying glass button
Filter through your search results using the column on the left according to your research requirements
- Select your preferred source type, ranging from scholarly journals, dissertations to newspaper articles
- Specify the date range of your search results by clicking “Enter a date range” below the publication date chart and click “update”
Select a search result of your choice
When viewing your selected publication or article, you can utilize the options bar for various features
- Download the publication or article in PDF format
- Click the “Cite” button to generate a citation of your choice. The citation style can be changed by clicking the drop-down menu and selecting your preferred style. Copy and paste the citation for your own references list