What is Marketline Advantage?
MarketLine Advantage offers an interactive platform giving you anytime access to up-to-date information and financial data on companies, industries and countries across every major marketplace in the world.
Accessing Marketline Advantage
- Log in to NLB’s eResources page with myLibraryID. To find out more about setting up myLibrary ID, please refer to this link.
- Click the “By A-Z” browsing option on the left, select “M”, followed by “Marketline Advantage”
3) Enter your search term(s) into the search bar and hit “Enter” to search
- You can enter the name of a company, any industry or a country/city
- You can also use the drop-down menu to the right of the search box to filter your search to the specific research option
Retrieving listed company profiles
Type in the name of your listed company into the search box
Select ‘Company Profiles’ from the drop-down menu and hit ‘Search’
- Select the matching company name from the table
- From the company’s overview page, feel free to explore the different market intelligence options from the left-hand column, ranging from research reports to SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis
Bonus tip: Use the ‘News’ tab to stay updated on the latest developments with regards to the company you are researching.
Retrieving country/city profiles
Type in the name of your desired country or city into the search box
Select ‘Country/City Profiles’ from the drop-down menu and hit ‘Search’
- Select the matching country/city name from the table
- Browse through the analysis report which analyses the PESTLE (political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental) structure of the country. You can save a PDF copy of the report for your own reading and research.
Bonus tip: Use the ‘Table of Contents’ page in the PDF to navigate and find the information you need, as these reports are several pages long.